Sunday, March 30, 2008

Life is Good

Written on Jan. 25, 2008.
How are you? I am trying to make this blog thing a bit more of a regular deal. In order to do that I have to write, right? So I will take whatever chance I get. Notice the time stamp. . Right now is an exciting time in my life, exciting and a bit stressful all at the same time. I am currently enrolled in 10 hours of school. For Lisa, that's not a lot compared to her 16 or 18 (I cannot remember) but for me it is a ton since the last time I carried 10 hours was ummmmm about 9 years ago. Also I am currently in a transition time between jobs. This is totally exciting. However, I have a lot of work to do within the next week in order to close down shop where I am. But my mind is already racing on what needs to be done in my new role. So what I'm saying is that even if I wasn't up right now writing an essay, I would be in bed staring at my ceiling with 50 things rolling through my brain. I'll admit I do my best thinking before I go to sleep, but the problem lies in that I enjoy my sleep. I know what you may be thinking, James get some sleep you are not solving world peace. To that I say, correct! But I am trying to make the world a better place one shirt at a time. Or, one pair of pants at a time, one belt at a time, or even a pair of cuff links at a time…which one can I interest you in? Hey, it was worth a shot. But I write all of this to say that even if I am a little stressed out, I am grateful for the opportunity to have that stress. I thank God for providing me with the resources to attend school, the brain to retain knowledge, a job to go to (I mean, come on, who doesn't want the opportunity to go to NYC two weeks in a row on someone else's $$??), a beautiful supportive wife and a bed to lie awake in at night (and eventually fall asleep in). God has blessed us all and even when we feel a bit stressed out, we should look at what we have going for us and realize that maybe our "stress" is actually an abundance of blessings that we need to organize. Really, things cannot be that rough…you have a computer with blogspot.com !!
What stresses has God blessed you with today?





No comments: