Saturday, May 17, 2008

Thoughts on a long emotional day.

Today was my grandma's funeral. The service was great. Very fitting for her. Her love for her family, for God and for the Phx Suns was talked about over and over again. Just as she would have had it. She was remembered very nicely. Another thing that Grandma did in her passing was she brought family members and friends who had not seen each other in many many years, together today. It was so strange to see cousins and 2nd cousins, long time family friends, who I hadn't seen in years. It's weird, I never change but everyone around me sure does. lol. It was crazy to see all of the kids I remember to now be young men and women. Where does the time go? As strange as it sounded every time I said it, it truly was "Great to see everyone" today. Again, Grandma would have wanted us to all be reunited. It is unfortunate, however, that in today's society it often takes funerals or other life impacting events to pull people together. I do wish there was a way that we would not have to "find time" to be with one another but rather "make time" to be together. As I said goodbye to many of them today I left them with "I hope to see you soon". This was the truth, I do hope to see them soon. But I have no idea when. I do hope that it is before the next life impacting event. Even after her passing Grandma is still teaching us lessons and giving us perspective. Our mission is to learn and apply these lessons. Never take your loved one's for granted and always let them know how much you love them. Even when you are thousands of miles away MAKE TIME to remember what is truly important on this earth. Goodnight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you did great yesterday Jim. it is too bad you had to go back so soon, but we know how hectic your week will be. god luck with that assistant of yours

Lisa said...

AMEN!! Well said honey.

Jen said...

It was such a beautiful service! it definetely honored her life! Glad I could be up there to help you out!!

Sherry Turner said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, James. If you guys need anything, Chad and I are here for you. At least you are at peace with what has happened and you know she is smiling at you (and probably pointing and laughing a little too that we are all here and she is living it up!) Let us know if you need anything. :)