Sunday, March 8, 2009

What they say is true...

Ok, so what they say is true. When you have a baby expect to be tired. When I used to hear this I was under the impression that the parents NEVER got any sleep. Now that I'm experiencing it I'm realizing that we get sleep, 1 1/2 to 2 hours at a time. Remember that deep sleep that you used to have...GONE! As soon as the deep sleep begins to set in -- Time to wake up!! But hey, I'm not complaining just stating my realization. I've never had a baby before, but in my humble opinion, Everett is a good baby. We are having a great time getting to know each other. I look forward to the day that he responds to what I'm saying to him. We will have a blast. God has blessed us greatly with our little man. Right now he has three hobbies; eat, sleep, poop. More to come later...
Enjoy!
-JB

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I get more sleep than I thought I would, but you are right. It is not deep sleep. By the way you forgot his other hobby - the hiccups! Poor little guy. I always feel so bad for him.

Jen said...

just think you are one week down. approx 5 more to go!! especially once you get to start the Baby Wise routine, you will be good to go!! can someone say 8 hours of sleep!!! you guys are doing great!!!!!

David Yee said...

you are completely understating his abilities. he also pees, burps and pukes.

Sherry Turner said...

I am glad to hear you are all enjoying each other. You guys are going to be the best parents ever!! I can't wait to see him again.

Anonymous said...

Sleep? Ok, then post blogs. Oh yeah you are doing that.